1.GINA. A Pocket Guide for Health Professionals. Retrieved August 6, 2019, from Global Initiative for Asthma (2019, June 1) [online] at: www.ginasthma.org.
2.GAN. The Global Asthma Report. Retrieved July 5, 2019, from Global Asthma Network 2018 [online] at: www.globalasthmanetwork.org.
3.Taylor DR, Bateman ED, Boulet LP, Boushey HA, Busse WW, Casale TB, Chanez P, Enright PL, Gibson PG, de Jongste JC, Kerstjens HA, Lazarus SC, Levy ML, O'Byrne PM, Partridge MR, Pavord ID, Sears MR, Sterk PJ, Stoloff SW, Szefler SJ, Sullivan SD, Thomas MD, Wenzel SE, Reddel HK. A new perspective on concepts of asthma severity and control. European Respiratory Journal.2008;32:545-54. doi: 10.1183/09031936.00155307.
4.CDC. Asthma surveillance Data. Retrieved June 14, 2019, from Center of Disease Control. Asthma Data and Survillance (2018 a, March):[online] at: http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/asthmadata.htm.
5.Al-Moamary, M., Alhaider, S., Alangari, A., Al Ghobain, M., Zeitouni, M., Idrees, M., … Al-Hajjaj, M. The Saudi Initiative for Asthma - Update: Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma in adults and children. Annals of Thoracic Medicine. 2019; 14(1), 3. https://doi.org/10.4103/atm.atm_327_18 .
6.Nguyen, V., Huynh, T., and Chavannes, N., Knowledge on self-management and levels of asthma control among adult patients in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, International Journal of General Medicine. 2018; 11;81–89.
7. Elbur, A. & Alharthi, B.J, & Alharthi.S.A, Self-management and control of asthma among adult patients in King Faisal Medical Complex Taif, KSA. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Science. 2017; 7. 24 – 29.
8.WHO. Asthma. Retrieved July 25, 2019, from World Health Organization .(2017, August 31), [online] at: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/asthma.
9.Sultan, K. M., Jamer, A. H., & Obaidy, M. W. A. Comparison of Asthma Control Test (ACT) with (GINA) guidelines in the Assessment of Asthma Control and determine if can use Asthmda Control Test ACT as alternative to Gina guidelines in control asthma. Journal of the Faculty of Medicine. 2016; 58(1), 1-7.
10.Aliwie A. and Ahmed S., Assessment the Severity of Asthma on Patients in Specialist Respiratory Center in Baghdad City, Kufa Journal For Nursing Sciences. 2016:6(1).
11.Roberts E, Velsor-Friedrich B, Keough V. Implementation of an Asthma Self-Management Education Guideline in the Emergency Department. Advanced emergency nursing journal. 2018; 40(1):45-58.
12.Mancuso CA, Sayles W, Allegrante JP. Knowledge, attitude, and selfefficacy in Asthma self-management and quality of life. J Asthma.2010;47(8):883–888.
13.Malarvizhi M, Hariprasad B, Bhavani M. Determine the level of knowledge and practice among asthmatic patients attending chest opd at selected hospitals, Chennai. International Journal of Advanced Information and communication Technology. 2014;1(3).32.
14.Sharifi L, Pourpak Z, Heidarnazhad H, Bokaie S, Moin M. Asthma knowledge, attitude, and self-efficacy in Iranian asthmatic 5patients. Arch Iran Med. 2011;14():315–320.
15.Madhushani HPD, Subasinghe HWAS. Knowledge attitudes and practices of asthma; Does it associate with demographic factors of adult patients? Asian Pac J Health Sci.2016;3(4S):94–99.
16. Schatz M, Sorkness CA, Li JT, et al. Asthma Control Test: reliability, validity, and responsiveness in patients not previously followed by asthma specialists. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2006;117(3):549–556.
17.Merghani TH, Toum IM, Zaki AM, Ahmed AM., Knowledge, attitude and behaviour of asthmatic patients regarding asthma in urban areas in Khartoum State, Sudan. Khartoum Med J.2011;4(1):524–527.
18. Borges MC, Ferraz É, Pontes SM, et al. Development and validation of an asthma knowledge questionnaire for use in Brazil. J Bras Pneumol. 2010;36(1):8–13.
19. Rodrigues CD, Pereira RP, DalcinPde T., Effects of an outpatient education program in patients with uncontrolled asthma. J Bras Pneumol.2013; 39: 272-9.
20.Farrell, M., Smeltzer, S. C., & Bare, B. G., Smeltzer & Bare’s textbook of medical-surgical nursing ,4th ed. North Ryde, Nsw: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.2017; 611–615.
21. Hugo, M. N., Walter, P. Y., Maïmouna, M., Malea, N. M., Ubald, O., Adeline, Wand Christopher, K. , Assessment of asthma control using asthma control test in chest clinics in Cameroon: a cross-sectional study. The Pan African medical journal, 2016;23, 70. doi:10.11604/pamj.70.8434.
22.Ozturk B, Ozyigit Pur L, Kostek O, and. Keskin H., Association between asthma self-management knowledge and asthma control in the elderly, Annals of Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2015;114; 480-484.