جۆری توێژینهوه: Original Article
University of Garmian, Kurdistan, Iraq
Department of Computer, College of Science, University of Sulaimani, Sulaimani, Kurdistan, Iraq
Department of Information Technology, Sulaimani Polytechnic University, Kurdistan, Iraq
Cloud computing has emerged as a new technology model for providing customized, high quality and reliable services for clients over the Internet. These clients can rent the services as long as they need rather than owning and maintaining large expensive IT infrastructure. One of the most used cloud services is the cloud storage as it provides storage on demand service. Nevertheless, due to the structure of cloud services which may not fully be managed by the cloud clients, the privacy and security of cloud storage become a significant challenge. Most of the previous works on the cloud security trying to solve the security challenges with data encryption techniques. However, these solutions do not protect data from being exposed or read by the server administrator or owner. In this paper, we have proposed a hybrid novel solution referred to as Cloud Storage Privacy (CSP) paradigm to enhance the privacy policies for cloud storage. This framework solution combines three of the superior cryptographic techniques: RSA, AES and Block-Chain. The solution not only secures the asset in the cloud but also protects the asset from unauthorized server access and improving user password protection. We have compared the proposed solution with the best based on our knowledge cloud storage services which are Google Drive and Dropbox in terms of performance and security. The result shows that the proposed solution outperforms existing services.
- Bala, B., Kamboj, L., Luthra, P., 2018. Secure file storage in cloud computing using hybrid cryptography algorithm. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science 9 (2).
- Dorri, A., Kanhere, S. S., Jurdak, R., 2016. Blockchain in internet of things: challenges and solutions. arXiv preprint arXiv:1608.05187.
- Dorri, A., Kanhere, S. S., Jurdak, R., Gauravaram, P., 2017. Blockchain for iot security and privacy: The case study of a smart home. In: Pervasive Computing and Com-munications Workshops (PerCom Workshops), 2017 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, pp. 618–623.
- Gaetani, E., Aniello, L., Baldoni, R., Lombardi, F., Margheri, A., Sassone, V., 2017. Blockchain-based database to ensure data integrity in cloud computing environments.
- Garay, J., Kiayias, A., Leonardos, N., 2015. The bitcoin backbone protocol: Analysis and applications. In: Annual International Conference on the Theory and Applications of Cryptographic Techniques. Springer, pp. 281–310.
- Gervais, A., Karame, G. O., Capkun, V., Capkun, S., 2014. Is bitcoin a decentralized currency? IEEE security & privacy 12 (3), 54–60.
- Ghanbari, S., Othman, M., 2012. A priority based job scheduling algorithm in cloud computing. Procedia Engineering 50 (1), 778–785.
- Goyal, V., Kant, C., 2018. An eﬀective hybrid encryption algorithm for ensuring cloud data security. In: Big Data Analytics. Springer, pp. 195–210.
- Jain, P., Pandey, U. K., 2018. Trending security mechanism in cloud computing. Tech-nology 9 (3), 250–258.
- Khaleel, M., Zhu, M., 2018. Eﬃcient and fair bandwidth scheduling in cloud environments. ARO-THE SCIENTIFIC JOURNAL OF KOYA UNIVERSITY 6 (2), 20–26.
- Khaleel, M., Zhu, M. M., Sep. 2015. Energy-aware job management approaches for workflow in cloud. In: 2015 IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing. pp. 506–507.
- Khanezaei, N., Hanapi, Z. M., 2014. A framework based on rsa and aes encryption algorithms for cloud computing services. In: Systems, Process and Control (ICSPC), 2014 IEEE Conference on. IEEE, pp. 58–62.
- Lopez-Falcon, E., Tchernykh, A., Chervyakov, N., Babenko, M., Nepretimova, E., Miranda-L´opez, V., Drozdov, A. Y., Radchenko, G., Avetisyan, A., 2018. Adaptive encrypted cloud storage model. In: Young Researchers in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EIConRus), 2018 IEEE Conference of Russian. IEEE, pp. 329–334.
- Mahajan, P., Sachdeva, A., 2013. A study of encryption algorithms aes, des and rsa for security. Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology.
- Modi, K. J., Kapadia, N., 2019. Securing healthcare information over cloud using hybrid approach. In: Progress in Advanced Computing and Intelligent Engineering. Springer, pp. 63–74.
- Moghaddam, F. F., Karimi, O., Alrashdan, M. T., 2013. A comparative study of applying real-time encryption in cloud computing environments. In: Cloud Networking (CloudNet), 2013 IEEE 2nd International Conference on. IEEE, pp. 185–189.
- Moghaddam, F. F., Khanezaei, N., Manavi, S., Eslami, M., Samar, A., 2014. Uaa: user authentication agent for managing user identities in cloud computing environments. In: Control and System Graduate Research Colloquium (ICSGRC), 2014 IEEE 5th. IEEE, pp 208–212.
- O’Dwyer, K. J., Malone, D., 2014. Bitcoin mining and its energy footprint.
- Park, J. H., Park, J. H., 2017. Blockchain security in cloud computing: Use cases, challenges, and solutions. Symmetry 9 (8), 164.
- Roy, D., Das, P., 2018. A modified rsa cryptography algorithm for security enhance-ment in vehicular ad hoc networks. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing and Communication Systems. Springer, pp. 641–653.
- Selvanayagam, J., Singh, A., Michael, J., Jeswani, J., Secure file storage on cloud using cryptography. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology.
- Singh, S., Maakar, S. K., Kumar, D. S., 2013. A performance analysis of des and RSA cryptography. International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS) 2 (3).
- Sood, S. K., 2012. A combined approach to ensure data security in cloud computing. Journal of Network and Computer Applications 35 (6), 1831–1838.
- Stergiou, C., Psannis, K. E., Kim, B.-G., Gupta, B., 2018. Secure integration of IoT and cloud computing. Future Generation Computer Systems 78, 964–975.
- Tosh, D. K., Shetty, S., Liang, X., Kamhoua, C. A., Kwiat, K. A., Njilla, L., 2017. Security implications of blockchain cloud with analysis of block withholding attack. In: Proceedings of the 17th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing. IEEE Press, pp. 458–467.
- Venkatesh, M., Sumalatha, M., SelvaKumar, C., 2012. Improving public auditability, data possession in data storage security for cloud computing. In: Recent Trends In Information Technology (ICRTIT), 2012 International Conference on. IEEE, pp. 463– 467.
- Wang, C., Wang, Q., Ren, K., Lou, W., 2009. Ensuring data storage security in cloud computing. In: Quality of Service, 2009. IWQoS. 17th International Workshop on. Ieee, pp. 1–9.
- Xu, J., Chang, E.-C., Zhou, J., 2013. Weak leakage-resilient client-side deduplication of encrypted data in cloud storage. In: Proceedings of the 8th ACM SIGSAC symposium on Information, computer and communications security. ACM, pp. 195–206.